|The Night of the Wolf|
|Season 3, Episode 13|
|Air date||December 5, 1992|
If It's Doomsday This Must Be Belfast
A Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste Part I
The Night of the Wolf is the thirteenth episode in the third season of Captain Planet and the Planeteers.
The main characters featured in this episode are:
When Looten Plunder introduces the "Robowolf", can the real wolves put a stop to it?
- First Planeteer Alert
Wheeler: From spiders to lions, predators help maintain the balance of nature.
Linka: For example, birds eat insects that damage plants.
Kwame: And coyotes catch mice and other rodents which can spread disease.
Ma-Ti: But sadly, wolves have been wiped out in many parts of the world.
Wheeler: But you can help bring back the pack.
Gi: Start a letter-writing campaign to your government representatives.
Captain Planet: By combining our powers, we can help the wolves return to their natural habitats. The power is yours!
- Second Planeteer Alert
Captain Planet: Today, many people are careless with things that belong to us all.
Gi: Like our oceans, where greedy fishermen needlessly kill thousands of animals, including turtles, birds and dolphins along with their catch.
Kwame: And, they are threatening the jobs of those fishermen who use our oceans properly.
Ma-Ti: The ocean needs our help.
Captain Planet: If we don't protect it today, it won't be here tomorrow. The power is yours!
Significant Moments and Facts
- This is the only time Plunder is seen wearing something other than his usual suit.
- Dr. Blight is mentioned as being the creator of Robowolf.
- Looten Plunder appears to have jail cells built directly into the living room of his cabin.
- Captain Planet destroys Robowolf and turns the metal of the robot into a cage for Plunder and Bleak, thus destroying any evidence the Planeteers had against him in the first place.
- Ma-Ti expresses a love interest for the first time.
- This was the final episode produced under DiC Entertainment and the last episode under the original show name.
- It's also the last time that Gaia is voiced by Whoopi Goldberg.