|The Big Clam-Up|
|Season 02, Episode 09|
|Air date||November 9, 1991|
|Written by||Doug Molitor|
The Coral Killer
An Inside Job
The Big Clam-Up is the ninth episode in the second season of Captain Planet and the Planeteers.
The main characters featured in this episode are:
As Ma-Ti becomes engrossed in the Dash Raymond detective novels, a real mystery emerges. Numerous people have fallen victim to poisoning by a cocktail of oil, nitrates, bacteria, heavy metal, solvents, and pesticides at an alarming rate in San Francisco. The Planeteers are sent to find out the source, and Ma-Ti tries to use some detective skill to find out the culprit only to always come up short... or does he?
Significant Moments and FactsEdit
- Ma-Ti: (as narrator of the mystery book) Maybe I never should have taken the caper. Maybe I should have just clammed up when that doll knocked on my office door. Instead, I said: “Come on in”. She was tall, dark...and semi-transparent.
Fantasy-Gaia: I'm desperate. I need your help, Ma-Ti.
Ma-Ti: (still reading the book) The name is Raymond, doll. Dash Raymond.
Gaia: Spirit of Earth to Ma-Ti, hello!
Gaia waves her hand before the eyes of Ma-Ti, who yells and falls off the chair in surprise.
- Gaia: I want you to go to San Francisco and investigate.
Ma-Ti: San Francisco? Dash Raymond's city? Gaia, I will take the cake!
Ma-Ti runs off towards the geo-cruiser.
Gaia: (with a sigh) I think he means he'll take the case.
- Captain Planet: I wish I could help you out, but I'm just a superhero. Heh, I'm no detective.
Wheeler: Neither is Ma-Ti.
Captain Planet: Give him another chance.
- Linka: What do we do? We are going off the cable!
Wheeler: Try the networks?
Kwame, Linka, and Gi: Wheeler!
- Linka: What rhymes with fear? Uh... deer!
Kwame: Gear? Clear? Spear?
Gi: Hear? Tear?
Linka: Near? Uh, cheer?
Wheeler: Uh, rear? Sneer? Steer? Leer!
Skumm: No, you pea-brains! Pier! PIER!
Gi: Hey! Mimes aren't supposed to talk!
Skumm: I know, but I've only got till midnight!
Add images here.