The Wiki Progress Bar is a tool for founders and admins that leads them through the first days and weeks of creating a community. There are specific tasks that give users suggestions on how to get their community off the ground. When all 27 tasks are completed, the percentage indicator reaches 100%.
How it works
- Anyone in the community can complete a task - it doesn't necessarily have to be the founder or an admin.
- Once tasks are done they go grey.
- As each task is completed the progress wheel moves up; 3%, 5%, 15%, etc.
- If an administrator feels like certain tasks are not appropriate for their community, they can skip them permanently. These will go into skipped tasks.
- Bonus tasks opens only when skipped tasks remain.
- Bonus tasks can be completed instead of skipped tasks and the progress wheel will still move to 100%.
- Once at 100% a congratulation message/flag goes live, and anyone with access to the dashboard sees it.
Things to keep in mind
- The congratulation message is collapsible, but the percentage indicator can never be dismissed.
- Tasks are not editable.
- Learn how to navigate the Admin Dashboard.
- Learn how to track your community's page views and statistics with Quick Stats.
- Learn all about becoming an admin with Administrators' how-to guide.
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience